The school is committed to helping children with special educational needs, including those who are very able. Ms Helen Vincent (teacher) is the designated SENDCo who supervises the progress and attainment of all children listed as having such needs. She can be contacted through the school office at email@example.com
Government legislation requires us to follow a staged assessment approach to the monitoring of pupil progress. The school will always consult with parents when it is considered that a child needs additional support.
Children with special educational needs are catered for in a variety of ways, according to their specific needs. These ways include additional teaching or ancillary support within the classroom and occasionally withdrawal for additional help at individual or group level, where this is considered to be feasible and appropriate. In the case of children considered academically gifted, efforts are made, as with all children, to develop the children’s abilities to the full, through normal lesson planning, and sometimes through additional teaching help.
The special educational needs that we provide for include:-
1. Speech and language:
- severe language disorder;
- language delay;
- speech disorder;
- speech delay;
- severe expressive language and mild/moderate understanding of spoken and nonverbal skills.
2. Fine motor skills (occupational therapy);
3. Social, emotional and mental health, including:
- attachment disorder;
- behaviour – anxiety/stress.
4. Mild to moderate conductive hearing impairment;
5. Verbal and/or visual integration and phonological processing (occupational therapy);
6. OCD (occupational therapy):
- motor planning;
- visual or motor integration.
- short term memory;
- visual stress;
8. Visual impairment.
The provision of children with SEND will be monitored by the SENDCo, Headteacher and link governor (Mr Ewan Bent).
If there are any concerns regarding the provision for your child please contact the Headteacher through the school office.
Find out more about SEND at our school by looking at these documents:
Local Authority Local Offer
For Accessibility Plan see policies page