As I detailed in my post of Monday 6th, when we return after the summer holiday, we will be fully open for all children, with the exception of our new reception intake who will be starting with a phased entry from the 7th of September.
I am posting today to explain the procedures we will be asking parents to follow at the beginning and end of every day and information about how school will operate after the holiday.
- School uniform is to be worn as usual from 3rd of September.
- Children are to wear PE kits all day on days when they have PE. They will not be asked to change.
- The school kitchen will be open as usual. Children will have their dinner in the hall in their class ‘bubbles’ in separate sittings and discrete areas.
- Playtimes will be staggered and ‘bubbles’ will have designated zones in which to play.
- All requirements for children with Individual Learning Plans or Educational Health Care Plans, including visits from key professionals, will carry on as normal.
- Before and after school wraparound provision will start on 3rd September.
Beginning and end of the day
- The school gate will open at 8.40am and will shut at 9.00am
- Parents are asked to enter the school via the side gate by the bike rack and accompany their children to the back door of their classroom. Parents will then continue in an anti-clockwise direction around the school and exit via the small gate onto the front carpark.
- At the end of the day, we ask parents to enter through the small gate in the corner of front staff car park at 3.10pm and move around school in a clockwise direction, again collecting children from classroom backdoors, before exiting the school via the side gate by the bike rack. Collection will be between 3.15pm and 3.30pm. Parents are asked to leave the school site as soon as children are dropped off or collected to ensure the smooth flow of the one-way system.
- Again, parents are asked to collect their children from the back door of their classrooms.
- Parents are asked to obey strict 1+ metre social distancing requirements at all times whilst on the school site and ensure that children adhere to this as well. We also ask parents not to congregate outside the school in groups before the gate is unlocked in the morning or in the afternoon.
- Parents are asked to provide a SMALL pencil case containing a pencil, a ruler, pencil crayons, a pen and a ruler. This is to minimise as far as possible the sharing of equipment.
I am sure that there are still many questions you still have about our return after the holiday, such as what are plans to deal with a confirmed case of Covid-19 within school. If you have a question or concern about September, please do email me directly; I will answer all queries in a website / email post next week.
I will be contacting current year 5 parents next week to discuss plans for our residential trip to Arthog in November.
Last Week of Term
As it’s the last week of term, home school learning work, with suggestions and signposts for activities, will be posted on Monday for the whole week. There will not be a daily post on the class page. Children in school will also not be being set Maths and English tasks each day but rather spending time outside undertaking more team oriented and creative activities.
I look forward to seeing as many of you that can make it to our picnics next week as possible.