Hello Room 4,
It’s so nice to be back on here. I missed you all a lot last week, but I hope you enjoyed all your tasks ready for Year 1. This week it is arts week, the activities for the afternoon (or whenever you choose to do them) will be posted separately, and I will be setting Literacy and Maths tasks on here.
As it is arts week, I thought this week we could have a look at poetry.
Here’s a silly poem to get you started.
Have a look at some of your books that you have at home, can you spot any rhyming words in them? Julia Donaldson books are particularly good for spotting rhymes!
Once you’ve done that, can you play this game on Phonics Play. We have played it before, you will need to find the rhyming words to bake a cake.
You might remember that we sing a silly rhyme to go along with the game, it goes like this:
‘I’m making lots of silly soup, I’m making soup that’s silly. And then I’ll put it in the fridge to make it nice and chilly!’
This week we are going to be looking at our number bonds to 10. Number bonds are two numbers that work together to make another number.
Today I would like you to explore how many different ways you can make the number 10, you can do this in a number of ways:
- use two different colours of Lego bricks to make different towers of 10 (e.g. 2 yellow bricks and 8 red bricks, 5 yellow bricks and 5 red bricks etc.)
- use different coloured paper strips to make paper chains to decorate the house (e.g. 3 pink strips and 7 blue strips to make 10)
- use different coloured beads to make 10
- use 10 counters or little pieces of paper and separate them in different ways
- or come up with your own ideas
Remember each time to check that you have exactly 10 altogether. Have fun exploring this!
Have a lovely day, I’m looking forward to seeing what you have all been getting up to.
Miss Roberts x