I am posting to inform you that I have cancelled the year 6 residential trip to Arthog in November.
The restriction currently in place for residential trips, and Covid-19 procedural guidelines, will, in all likelihood, be continuing for the whole of the Autumn term. There is also the significant possibility of local lockdowns due to increased cases of Covid-19 and, of course, the inevitable issue of seasonal flu.
The situation in November could therefore be one of great confusion and to add Arthog into the mix, even if restrictions are lifted, may not only be logistically impossible but would, I feel, cause significant concern and worry for parents and carers.
I have contacted and informed Arthog of this decision and asked them to see if there is availability for a trip either late in the spring term or in the summer term. If a future booking is available, I will inform you immediately.
I am desperate for our children to experience Arthog: it is a very special place, but if they are not able to accommodate us then I will ensure that something, hopefully residential, is organised in its place. Please do not worry, the children will have an adventure in their year six!
As there is the possibility of a re-organised booking for Arthog, you may wish school to hold any monies already paid, including the deposit, until the situation is known. If though you choose to receive a refund, please contact Mrs Andrew in the office who will return all funds paid to date in full.