Pontesbury CE Primary School is situated in a delightful village not far from the Shropshire town of Shrewsbury, UK. We are very proud or our school, it's children and staff. We pride ourselves on bringing the curriculum to life, by offering an enriched curriculum. We all have high expectations of the children and our school community and we are totally committed to improving the all round achievements of our children.
Recognising its historic foundation, Pontesbury C. E. (Controlled) Primary School will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the church at parish and diocesan level.
The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.
The child is at the centre of our school and for each child we aim to provide the
highest standard of education. To achieve this we recognise the following:
· the striving for excellence
· the benefits of a Christian atmosphere
· the influence of adult role models
· the value of all previous experiences
· the strength of the principle of mutual respect
· the importance of treating children as individuals, upholding their rights
· an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith
You can find out more about aspects of our school by using the links below.